Before Microblading Eyebrows
Microblading results create amazing looking eyebrows, however the procedure is not recommended for everyone. To prevent any complications relating to your overall well being, please review the requirements and contraindications below.
Proper preparation for a microblading appointment will also help to achieve the best possible healed results, so be sure to prepare accordingly.
***Appointments typically last 2 hours; babies or children can't be present during your appointment, so please make necessary arrangements in advance.
***Please come to an appointment wearing your makeup as you normally do. By doing so, it helps in communicating the desired color preference of your eyebrows.
REQUIREMENTS BEFORE Eyebrow MICROBLADING:
- No Botox treatments should be done 3 weeks prior or 4 weeks after procedure
- No chemical peels 60 days before or after procedure (brows will peel quicker due to chemicals traveling under the skin)
- No Retinols/Retin-A or other anti-aging/acne creams, or serums containing acids as these will fade brows prematurely
- Do not work out or sweat heavily the day of the procedure (Or 2 weeks after)
- Do not tan or have a sunburned face the day of the procedure
- No waxing or tinting 3 days before procedure
- Stop taking aspirin, niacin, vitamin E, fish oil, CoQ10 and ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure
- No alcohol or caffeine 24 hrs before procedure
MICROBLADING IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANYONE WHO IS OR HAS THE FOLLOWING:
- Sick with cold, flu, or sinus/respiratory infection (please reschedule your appointment and stay home to recover)
- Skin irritations including: sunburn, rash, eczema, shingles, acne, or psoriasis near the treated area
- Pregnant or nursing
- Under age 18
- Had Botox within 3 weeks from scheduled appointment
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Undergoing chemo
- Prone to keloid scarring
- Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an organ transplant
- Viral infections and or diseases
- Transmittable blood disease, HIV or Hepatitis
Learn more about:
what to expect during a microblading appointment
what the microblading healing process is like
We recommend that a touch up is performed 12-18 months after your initial appointment to keep the color looking vibrant and the microblade strokes looking crisp. Skin cells turn over more frequently on oilier skin types causing the color to fade quicker than drier skin types. For oilier skin types more frequent touch ups may be required which are not included in the original price.